I love artichokes and this recipe has them in both the salad and the dressing- so I hope you love them too! This is a really simple salad that has plenty of flavour and is quick to throw together at the end of the day. You could even roast the pumpkin the day before so its all ready to go.
LENTIL, PUMPKIN & ARTICHOKE SALAD
- ¼ pumpkin
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ red capsicum, finely diced
- 12 long green beans, diced
- ¼ cup purple cabbage, finely sliced
- 6 artichoke hearts (from a jar)
- 1 tin organic brown lentils
- 6 artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (from the artichoke jar is great)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon zatar spice (optional)
- ¼ ripe avocado
- ¼ cup water
Slice the pumpkin into pieces around 1 ½ cm thick. Cover a baking tray in baking paper and add a light drizzle of olive oil. Lay the pumpkin slices out on the tray, sprinkle with salt, and roast in a hot (180ºC) oven for around 30 minutes, flipping once, or until soft and slightly browned.
While the pumpkin cools, add all salad ingredients to a large bowl. Rinse the lentils well and add to the bowl also.
For the dressing, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
To serve, spoon the salad onto plates, top with the roast pumpkin and then drizzle with dressing as desired.